Synaptica simplifies and standardizes business vocabulary management. Based on continuous research and development by power users in the vocabulary management business, including clients in the Corporate, Pharmaceutical, Online Publishing, Government, eCommerce and Internet Search Markets.
Used to efficiently build and maintain enterprise taxonomies, thesauri, name catalogs and other authority files, Synaptica is a flexible, scalable system that standardizes business semantics to optimize information access. This flexible solution enables you to design new metadata and vocabulary screens, data elements, and rules - in minutes. Its scalability allows you to manage hundreds of vocabularies, millions of terms and unlimited users with granular permission controls. Synaptica is the result of over a decade of research and development driven by both power users in the information community and the evolution of the Semantic Web. An unparalleled set of features has evolved to meet the uncompromising demands of global taxonomy and authority file experts. With easy configuration, audience-centric flexibility and valuable governance tools, Synaptica has solved information management challenges for many global Fortune 500 organizations. Synaptica enables you to:
- Drive online revenue and increase customer satisfaction by improving how online customers find your information, products or services.
- Improve product development with a global business vocabulary that feeds right into downstream applications such as portals, reporting programs and CRMs.
- Standardize your corporate vocabulary and improve information management to streamline product development, regulatory compliance and risk mitigation.
- Monetize media content by unifying digital platforms to enable a better search infrastructure and a competitive advantage in the media marketplace.
- Gain valuable productivity benefits by connecting users and workgroups with the relevant information they need, within corporate intranets or portals.
Term relationships are now displayed side-by-side, making it easy for the user to find and edit a key term and multiple related terms. Just select your relationship class and from there you may edit any existing or new terms and relationships. Some of the newest features you will find in Synaptica include:
- "Rapid-fire" interface to allow the sequential addition of new terms. This new design stores term details and keeps a running list of new terms that are added in order to provide quick access to details such as relationships and term status.
- Informational summary window on term lists provides a quick summary of term information and relationships without requiring the user to view the Item Summary screen.
- Improved global term editing based on term relationships allows users to not only filter reports and global editing results by term relationships, but also to change relationship types through a new global editing feature.
Drag-and-drop hierarchical relationship building allows for the creation of or change to vocabulary hierarchies via a unique, java-enhanced interface. Simply click and drag a term or hierarchical branch to move or copy to a new location or even an alternate vocabulary. Synaptica’s unparalleled set of features have evolved to meet the uncompromising demands of taxonomy and authority file experts and includes:
- Manage glossaries, dictionaries, lexicons, taxonomies, thesauri, ontologies and name authority files
- Supports ANSI/NISO Z39.19; ISO 2788 & ISO 5964
- Simple search or power search modes
- Standard hierarchical, associative and equivalency relationships
- Customizable semantic relationship types and behavior rules
- Meta vocabulary clusters and crosswalk mapping
- Multiple categories for a single term
- Expandable hierarchies and relationships
- Approval & candidate term statuses
- Customizable data entry templates and rules
- Dynamically enforced rules-based logic
- Collaborative and compartmentalized portals
- Role-based granular permissions
- Robust scalable enterprise-class architecture
- Web-GUI for intranet/extranet deployment
- DBMS deployment on Oracle and SQL Server
- COM and Database APIs for systems integration
- Logical delete and restore of terms
- User ID and date-time stamping
- Online reports using report wizards
- Bulk import and validation functions
- Various export formats including Microsoft Word and Excel, XML, CSV, RDF and OWL
- Unicode UTF-8 support for non-western character sets
Web-based User Interface
The entire Synaptica application has a web-based user interface enabling access by location independent knowledge workers. A “portal” system allows project teams to access subsets of the vocabularies with user functional privileges controlled by 12 permissions levels from read-only through super-administrator. A suite of online report wizards allows users to create alphabetical and hierarchical reports as well as various export formats including Microsoft Word and Excel, XML, CSV, RDF and OWL
Another of Synaptica’s strengths is the ability to customize the system in minutes. An extensive menu of administrators’ tools, all fully accessible via the web-UI, allows users to: create new vocabulary files; define the metadata elements; create new kinds of semantic relationship types; configure rules-bases to govern semantic and taxonomic house-rules; customize display formats and perform data import functions.
Synaptica provides an enterprise-class solution for authority file and controlled vocabulary management. The system uses a library of COM business objects, which can be accessed through the web-application or via an API. The system supports SQL Server and Oracle databases scalable for multiple users and millions of terms and relationships. A library of stored procedures supports native database API integration.
Onsite or Remote-Hosting
Synaptica is a client-server web application that can be installed locally on a client’s intranet or extranet server. Alternatively,we can host client systems on our secure servers, which means the client needs no special equipment. In either case, systems use password-protected accounts, so users can access all of Synaptica's features from anywhere in the world using standard personal computers and web-browsers. We invite you to contact a member of our team for more information.