Top 10 Reasons the Semantic Web is A Lot Like Love
This post is one day late since yesterday was Valentines Day- but nonetheless an entertaining one that i had to share because not only is it clever, i think it also has a lot of truths in it that outline some of the current challenges that the Semantic Web community is working with. Via Scott Brinker's "Chief Marketing Technologist Blog, Top 10 reasons the semantic web is a lot like love":
10. It means different things to different people.
9. Those in it can bore everyone else to death talking about it.
8. Cynics insist there's no such thing.
7. It's straightforward in theory, messy in practice.
6. A few misinterpreted words can really screw things up.
5. You can invest a lot and not get any return.
4. Some people claim it, but don't really have it.
3. Some people have it, but don't want to disclose it.
2. The more people involved, the more complicated it gets.
1. When it works, beautiful relationships are established.
Looks like Brinker will be giving a talk on semantic marketing and moderating a roundtable on semantic advertising at the 2009 Semantic Technology Conference, on June 14-18 in San Jose- so we look forward to meeting him there!